- Registration. In order to use certain services available on our site, a user must first complete our registration form. During registration, users are required to give their contact information (such as name and email address, etc.). This information is used to contact the users about the services on our website for which they have expressed interest. Users may elect on the registration form to make all or part of such information publicly accessible, at the users' discretion. It is optional for the user to provide certain demographic information and unique identifiers, but encouraged so that we can provide a more personalized experience on our site.
- Log Files. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer our site, track users' movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- Newsletter. If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as their email address.
- Surveys and Contests. From time-to-time our website requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
- Referrals. If a user or a third-party web site elects to use our referral service for informing a friend or other visitors about our website, we may ask them for the friend's or visitor's name, email address and appropriate referral code. ION may send the friend or visitor a one-time email inviting them to visit the website.
- Information Sharing. We may share aggregated demographic information with our business affiliates and advertisers (when applicable). This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person. We may enter into an arrangement with a third party to provide specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we will share the names or other contact information that is necessary for that third party to provide the services. Those third parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information for any purpose other than providing those services.
- Website and Service Updates. We may send our users site and service announcement updates. Registered users are not able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about the service. We communicate with the user to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account via email or phone.
- Correcting and Updating Personal Information. You may edit your personal information at any time by using your username and password.
- Government Relations and Lawsuits. In some cases, the government can compel the disclosure of information about you, and of course we will need to comply. However, irrespective of those situations, ION can unilaterally turn over information about you to the government if it believes such disclosure to be appropriate, in which case you authorize it to do so. You also consent to ION disclosing information about you to actual or potential parties to a lawsuit that ION is or may become involved in (a) if it is required to do so, (b) if it reasonably believes that such disclosures will potentially mitigate its liability, or (c) to enforce its rights.
- Your Use of Email Tools. We may provide you with some tools that allow you to send email to your colleagues/friends. If you use this tool, the email will include your email address, as well as any personal message you choose to include. You may not use these tools to send spam or to send content that would violate the Agreement. You should not assume that emails processed by us are private communications.